Mental health resources and contact information
- Further online resourses and contact details for assistance when you need it.
About School Counsellors
School Counsellors are in every government school. They help students of all ages from pre-school to Year 12.
How do School Counsellors help?
Support individual students to learn new skills such as:
- Getting on better with friends
- Controlling their anger
- Keeping out of trouble in class
- Provide students with anti-bullying strategies
The School Counsellor works closely with the Learning and Support team in performing various diagnostic testing to support learning.
School Counsellors maintain confidentiality at all times.
What School Counsellors do not perform:
- Counselling to students for outside school matters such as family breakdown and mental health issues.
- Parental support services.
If your child has an issue that is occurring outside of school then additional support services may be required.
In Gloucester this may be:
- GP – for a mental health care plan. Gloucester Medico (02) 6558 1604.
- Catholic Care – Counselling Services (02) 6558 1777.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service – NSW Mental Health Line 1800 011 511.
- Manning Support Services – Family Support (02) 6551 1800.
- Gloucester Community Health Service - (02) 6538 5056 and (02) 6538 5058
Please contact Ms Ribbons at school for further information about any of these services.